Cosmetic neurotoxins have gained popularity over the years as an effective way to combat wrinkles and fine lines. However, with its increasing use, several misconceptions and misinformation have emerged about these treatments. In this post, we’ll debunk some of the most common misconceptions about cosmetic neurotoxins and help you better understand what they are and how they work.
What are Neurotoxins?
Neurotoxins are toxins that affect the nervous system, specifically the communication between neurons. They are used for cosmetic purposes to treat fine lines and wrinkles on the face. At Face First, we offer three different brands of cosmetic neurotoxins:
- Nuceiva (prabotulinumtoxinA)
- Botox (onabotulinumtoxinA)
- Dysport (abobotulinumtoxinA)
We take the time to understand our clients’ specific concerns and preferences before recommending a neurotoxin that best suits their needs. Our aim is to ensure that you receive the best possible results and experience with us. We offer free consultations to help us understand your individual needs and recommend the most suitable product for you.
Debunking Common Misconceptions About Neurotoxins
Here are some of the most common misconceptions about cosmetic neurotoxins, debunked:
- “Neurotoxins are only for old people”: Many people believe that cosmetic neurotoxin is only for those who are older and have deep wrinkles. Neurotoxins can prevent wrinkles from forming in the first place and is often recommended for individuals in their 20s and 30s to maintain youthful-looking skin.
- “Neurotoxins are only for women”: Men are increasingly receiving cosmetic neurotoxin treatments like Botox, despite the fact that they are often marketed towards women. Botox can help men reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, and it’s also effective in treating conditions like excessive sweating! So guys… Go get your Brotox!
- “Neurotoxins are dangerous and toxic”: Botox, Nuceiva, and Dysport are derived from neurotoxins, but when used in small doses by a trained medical professional, they are safe and effective. For decades, medical professionals have been using Botox to treat a variety of medical conditions, such as migraines, muscle spasms, and depression.
- “Neurotoxins will freeze your face”: People often fear that cosmetic neurotoxin treatments will result in a frozen and unnatural appearance. However, when administered correctly, it should give a natural, subtle result. At Face First, we strive to make sure you receive the most natural and beautiful look no matter what treatment you are receiving. We will always make sure that you are comfortable and get the best results.
Neurotoxin treatments are not as scary as people make them out to be!
By educating yourself and having conversations with professionals, you can achieve a natural, youthful look with the help of these treatments.
Get in Contact with Us
If you’re interested in neurotoxin treatments, get in contact with us or book a free consultation. We would love to talk to you about your needs and concerns. At Face First, there is no such thing as a stupid question when it comes to neurotoxins or any other treatment we offer. Our goal is to provide you with comfort and professionalism so that you can achieve your goals.